Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation Review

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation - £30

Edit: It's been a while since I posted this review and I felt it was only right to mention that my opinion on this foundation has changed slightly. Recently my skin has definitely become more dry/combination rather than oily and I've found that this foundation no longer sits quite right, and isn't one I tend to reach for. Definitely take your skin type into consideration before making any foundation purchase as what works for some may not work for others.

You've probably already read many reviews on this foundation, but as it's the one foundation I've repurchased the most I wanted to say a few words about it. Before I started using this, I was only loyal to Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation. Unfortunately, that has now been discontinued (if you can think of anything similar on the high street please let me know!), and I initially turned to Charlotte Tilbury as I was struggling to find a foundation that came in a shade that was right for me.

So there's the first pro, the great shade range available for fair skin. I'm quite pale but with a yellow undertone, and have found that most fair foundations are too pink on me. That isn't the case with this foundation. During winter I use shade 2, and this summer I've been using shade 3. I'd say the undertone was more neutral than yellow, which works fine for me.

Now for the coverage. It's advertised as full coverage, but I don't find it to be very heavy. I usually apply this with my Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge as this gives me a nice, natural looking medium coverage, and I'd describe this as having a satin finish. When applied with a stippling brush the coverage can be built up, but it's still not as full coverage as say Revlon ColorStay. As advertised, the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation has a weightless feel, and is definitely a 'my skin but better' kind of foundation, making me look much more awake when I'm having a dull day. I do still have to go in with a touch of concealer under my eyes, to cover redness and to cover blemishes, but I've never found a foundation where this wasn't necessary.

This foundation also has an SPF of 15, which is great but does mean that if you're taking photos with flash you can come out looking very pale. The only room for improvement with this is that it does tend to cling to my dry patches, and if you have a very oily t-zone powdering  is a necessity. Also this does retail at £30, so definitely isn't a budget option but I think it's worth it.

So a quick round up:
Fab shade range for fairer skin tones
Medium to full coverage
Natural looking finish
Powder still needed for oilier areas
Not great with dry patches so remember to moisturise before applying
£30

Emily.



Comments

Popular Posts